Getting Started!

Hello everyone! I hope to that you can all follow me on my journey to becoming a "better creature" and my commitment to keep my family growing in many ways!

Friday, February 25, 2011

No Brainer!

So for lunch today I made Mac and Cheese at Krysta's request...it is the end of the month and we don't have much food in the house anyway until payday.  So, after I served the kids lunch, I took a bit of the Mac and Cheese.  I thought, "Oh that tastes good!  One day of mac and cheese for lunch won't hurt me."  But instead, I got out a bowl and put the rest in the fridge...and made myself a really yummy taco salad.  I put deer burger in a pan to cook and added black beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms...then about 1 tsp of taco seasoning.  I sauteed them all together...meanwhile I mixed 2 Tbsp of sour cream and 1/4 cup salsa together for topping...put it all over a large bed of fresh salad greens! (All stuff I had on hand) It was quick and easy, yummy and much more filling than mac and cheese.  Plus...more food, fewer calories, not to mention protein, fiber, vitamin A..ya know all those good for you things that mac and cheese doesn't have!  So I took a pic to actually SEE what a better deal I made for myself...and yes, No Brainer which meal was the better choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment